Young Family


No one likes to think about the consequences of dying or becoming critically ill, but the reality is that these things do happen and planning ahead will ensure you and your family do not suffer. We offer free of charge, no obligation insurance and protection reviews and can advise in all areas of personal and family protection. To arrange your review, call 0330 133 2981 or email today.

have you thought about how you and your family would be affected if you were sick, critically ill or were to pass away? 

Our advisors can tailor a package of insurances to protect you, your family, your income and your home...


Insurance will be a key part of the advice provided by our expert advisors. Life can be very unpredictable at times and we make sure every eventuality is covered to provide you with peace of mind knowing you are fully protected. We handle of appliciations and guide you through medical questions to ensure your policies do pay out. Insurances can help you and your family in so many ways;

  • Pay off your mortgages in full on death

  • Pay off your mortgages if you are critically ill

  • Clear unsecured debts in either event

  • Provide support for hospital treatments/travel

  • Provide a lump sum for funeral costs

  • Provide a regular monthly income for family

  • Replace your income if long-term sick

  • Give you access to 24/7 medical help

  • Pay off mortgages if terminally ill

  • Access to additional counselling and support

For a no obligation protection review, call 0330 133 2981 today!!

Life Insurance(Decreasing Term or Level Term)

Term life insurance pays a lump sum to a your spouse or named person(s). It covers you for a specified amount of time – or the term of the policy. You can choose the length of time you want, whether it be 1 year or 50 years.


In general, life assurance policies are put in place to cover mortgages, but we can also look family protection covering any other debts and children up to 18 or 21. There are three different types of term life insurance: decreasing cover, level cover, and increasing cover.


We can also offer Whole Of Life cover for a limited amount of £10k to cover funeral expenses alone.

Family Income Benefit (FIB)

Family income benefit is a type of term assurance that pays a monthly income to the policyholders family instead of a lump sum on death or diagnosis of a terminal illness. Generally speaking, we would look to set the plans up to replace the net monthly of the main earners in the family to to keep that income going up until any children have reached a dependent age. That age is not set in stone and your Advisor will help you to set this at a reasonable point. 

Like most insurance plans, FIB can be written into trust to ensure the money gets to it's intended recipients and does not form part of the planholders estate for IHT purposes.

Critical Illness Cover (CIC)

Critical illness cover is a type of insurance that pays out a tax-free lump sum if you're diagnosed with, or undergo surgery for a defined critical illness. Cancer, strokes and heart attacks being the main reasons.

It's designed to help support you and your family financially once you have been diagnosed with a specific condition – so you can focus on your recovery without worrying about how the bills will be paid.

You'll receive a lump sum payment to help cover the costs of treatment, or to help pay the bills, if you're not able to work.

Critical illness insurance usually doesn't pay out if you pass away. This is where life insurance comes in.

Income Protection (IPB)

Income protection insurance is a long term insurance policy, designed to help you if you are unable to work due to an accident or sickness.

Income protection insurance pays you a regular income that continues until you return to paid work or retire. There are also limited benefit periods available to suit budgets; 2yr, 5 yr or mortgage term for example.

If you were unable to work, and your sick pay ran out, could you afford to pay your mortgage and other household bills? The last thing you need whilst unable to work, is the additional worry of keeping on top of your bills, especially your mortgage.


Building & Contents (B&C)

Home insurance is a type of insurance product that protects your property and your belongings. There are three main types of home insurance: buildings insurance, contents insurance and combined buildings and contents insurance.

Buildings insurance covers the cost of repairing damage to the structure of your property. This includes the walls, windows and roof as well as permanent fixtures and fittings such as baths, toilets and fitted kitchens. As a general rule, the cost of rebuilding your house from the ground up.

Contents insurance covers your belongings if they are damaged, destroyed or stolen. Generally, your ‘contents’ are defined as the items that you would take with if you moved home.

Risk Analysis and Medical Underwriting

Once you have taken the decision to put policies in place, our Advisors will guide you through the application process to ensure all questions are answered fully and correctly. Depending on your age, your job, your hobbies and medical history, your application may be sent for underwriting by the insurer. Depending on the outcome, the insurer may decide to apply additional weighting to your premiums to cover the additional risk on their part, defer or decline your application.


The medical questionnaire and possible underwriting process is normal when buying insurance through a recognised expert or Advisor and it will ensure your policy fully reflects who you are. Although this process does take longer than buying an 'Off the shelf' policy online, the tailored approach coupled with the medical questionnaire and underwriting add strength and credibility to your policy and increase the chances of it paying out should the event being covered happen.

Website proudly created with

  • Facebook
  • LinkedIn

Copyright © 2020 Secured Futures Ltd

Registered Office

Secured Futures Ltd

325 Highfield Road

Hall Green, Birmingham


B28 0BX

The information on this website is for use of residents of the United Kingdom only. No representations are made as to whether the information is applicable or available in any other country which may have access to it.

Secured Futures Ltd is an appointed representative of Openwork Ltd and is regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (934318)

Openwork Ltd is authorized and regulated by The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).

Secured Futures Ltd is registered in England and Wales. Company Registration Number 12129355